BLUE MUSE Music Maker Foundation
Big Legal Mess Records
Keeping The Blues AND It’s Musicians Alive!
This is an interesting/fascinating/wonderful idea; an idea of eclectic and often ‘rare’ Blues songs AND a photography book AND a graphic novel all coming out to raise much needed funds for …………..
“Music Maker Relief Foundation – the non-profit organization that helps traditional, southern musicians who live in poverty and has been featured on PBS News Hour, CBS News, and NPR.
I’ve got a copy of the compilation album BLUE MUSE celebrating its 25th anniversary that will be released on February 1st 2019, but not had a chance to listen to it all yet never mind review it……but until then here’s the PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED Eric Clapton track MISSISSIPPI BOUND.
This is why you should pre-order your copy NOW……
“The album features contributions from Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and 17-time GRAMMY winner Eric Clapton (in a previously unreleased track), Blues Hall of Famer, two-time GRAMMY winner, and Americana Music Association Lifetime Achievement Award winner Taj Mahal and GRAMMY-winner founding member of the Carolina Chocolate Drops Dom Flemons.
In keeping with Music Maker’s mission to preserve the musical traditional of the south by supporting the musicians who make it, the album spans a range of living southern music culture and fans will hear blues, folk, songster, jump blues, soul, Appalachian, garage blues, and gospel musics here. The 21-track set features liner notes by Vogue and Guardian writer Rebecca Bengal.”
“‘Blue Muse’ accompanies a photography book of the same name by Tim Duffy coming out February 25 on UNC press in association with the New Orleans Museum of Art; and an exhibition at the New Orleans Museum of Art premiering April 25.”
“Music Maker has supported over 400 artists over the course of its 25-year history.”
01) La Collegiale – The Grotto Sessions
02) Spike Driver Blues – Taj Mahal
03) Old Black Buck – Captain Luke
04) Route 66 – Eddie Tigner
05) I Got The Blues – Alabama Slim
06) Age Don’t Mean A Thing – Robert Finley
07) Polly Put The Kettle On – Dom Flemons
08) Hambone – John Dee Holeman
09) Snap Your Fingers – Algia Mae Hinton
10) I am the Lightning – Willie Farmer
11) D.O.C. Man – Dave McGrew
12) Sweet Valentine – Martha Spencer & Kelley Breiding
13) I Wanna Boogie – Boot Hanks w/ Dom Flemons
14) Mississippi Blues – Eric Clapton w/ Tim Duffy
15) Landlord Blues – Guitar Gabriel
16) Widow Woman – Drink Small
17) Cabbage Man – Sam Frazier, Jr.
18) Sing It Louder – Cary Morin
19) Loose Diamonds – Ironing Board Sam
20) I Know I’ve Been Changed – The Branchettes
21) Something Within Me – Theotis Taylor
For more information on Music Maker Relief Foundation, please contact Nick Loss-Eaton at email@example.com or 718.541.1130 or Cornelius Lewis at 919.643.2456.